This product is the heart of the EasyRead Time Teaching System. Its clear design and simple 3-step teaching system make it very easy for children to learn to read the time in terms of ‘minutes past’ and ‘minutes to’ the hour. Teach your children the 3-step system and they will be able to tell the time as soon as they can confidently recognise numbers – what a great way to start the time elements of the National Curriculum.
The 3-step teaching system: easy to learn and remember. Step 1: Read the number at the end of the long hand. Step 2: Say “minutes to” if it’s pointing to the red side of the clock, or say “minutes past” if it’s pointing to the blue side. Step 3: Read the number at the end of the short hand. Like this: 8…minutes to…2. It’s that easy!
- Working battery-operated wall clock with very clear dial that carries all the information children need to learn to tell the time.
- Supplied with simple 3-step teaching system that enables children to tell the time, in ‘minutes past’ and ‘minutes to’ the hour, as soon as they can read numbers.
- Silent, no ticking, with ‘sweep’ second hand, showing that time is constant and not stop start.
- Curriculum notes printed on the back of the clock with detailed instructions explaining the 3-step teaching system.
- Ergonomically designed hanger makes it simple to re-hang the clock after you’ve used it for demonstration.
- Saves teachers’ time, reduces frustration and builds children’s confidence.
- Helps children with learning difficulties.