Our Welsh language Past and To Classroom Wall Clocks are perfect for pre-school, prep and primary classrooms in Wales where the teaching of the Welsh language is compulsory. The clear design and simple 3-step teaching system make it easy for children to learn to read the time in terms of ‘minutes past’ and ‘minutes to’ the hour. Teach your students the 3-step system and they will be able to tell the time as soon as they can confidently recognise numbers – what a great way to start the time elements of the National Curriculum.
- Working battery-operated wall clock with very clear dial that carries all the information children need to learn to tell the time.
- Supplied with simple 3-step teaching system that enables children to tell the time, in ‘minutes past’ and ‘minutes to’ the hour, as soon as they can read numbers.
- Silent, no ticking, with ‘sweep’ second hand, showing that time is constant and not stop start.
- Curriculum notes printed on the back of the clock with detailed instructions explaining the 3-step teaching system.
- 35 cm diameter plastic wall clock.
- Ergonomically designed hanger makes it simple to re-hang the clock after you’ve used it for demonstration.
- Saves teachers’ time, reduces frustration and builds children’s confidence.
- Helps children with learning difficulties.
Here are the 3 time teaching steps in Welsh…..
Yn gyntaf, esboniwch fod un ochr y cloc yn dangos ‘munud wedi’ a’r ochr arall yn dangos ‘munud i’.
Nawr dysgwch y tri cham i’ch plentyn:
Cam 1: Darllenwch y rhif ar ddiwedd y llaw hir (pwyntiwch at y rhif).
Cam 2: Dywedwch at ba ochr mae’r llaw yn pwyntio: ‘munud wedi’ neu ‘munud i’ (pwyntiwch at ochr y cloc a’r geiriau).
Cam 3: Darllenwch y rhif ar ddiwedd y llaw fer (pwyntiwch at y rhif).
Fel hyn: “8 munud i 2” (pwyntiwch at bob eitem wrth i chi ddweud y gair).
Mae hi mor syml â hynny!